Fortune's curated selection of newsworthy tech stories from the weekend. Sign up to get the newsletter delivered to you every day.
* Netflix (NFLX) signed a deal with Dreamworks (DWA) that will allow the streaming service to exclusively serve up new movies as well as older content to users in 2013. The company reportedly outbid HBO -- Dreamsworks' previous home content supplier -- by paying an estimated $30 million per film. (GigaOm)
* Michael Arrington explains the goal of his new single-man tech blog, Uncrunched -- get it? Uncrunched? -- which sounds a lot like TechCrunch's mission statement, just without a troubled Internet giant attached. (Uncrunched)
* 15 startups with $100 million-plus valuations that "hardly existed" last year. Among them: Instagram, Flipboard, Spotify, Square, and Rovio. (Business Insider)
* Turntable.fm co-founder Seth Goldstein reflects on the rise of his social-focused music startup. (The company just confirmed raising $7 million.) (Billboard)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed to you each and every morning.
Fortune's curated selection of newsworthy tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the newsletter delivered to you every day.
* Microsoft (MSFT) did a big unveiling for Windows 8. The operating system update features a radically different, streamlined user interface heavily influenced by the company's tile-based Windows Phone 7 operating system and optimized performance. (CNNMoney)
* Facebook made its Friends Lists feature smarter with new features like Smart Lists, which automatically creates and MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Sep 14, 2011 3:30 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of the day's most newsworthy tech stories from all over the Web. Sign up to get the newsletter delivered to you every day.
* Om Malik over at GigaOm proposes that Yahoo's (YHOO) slow-moving board should ousted too, and offers up a few new board candidates. (GigaOm)
* AOL (AOL) execs have decided to fire TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington, though how they plan to do it remains unclear. The timing perhaps couldn't be MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Sep 8, 2011 3:30 AM ET
|AT&T cuts prices again|
|The Deep Web you don't know about|
|"True Detective" season finale crashes HBO Go site|
|Premarkets: Are the bulls hungover?|
|Malaysia Airlines stock sharply lower after plane vanishes|