The update adds a laundry list of improvements, but will it improve battery life?
Sprint just announced that you can do a manual update to Android 2.2 Froyo on the HTC EVO. The commercial is right, EVO is first at everything. "What will you do with first?" I installed Froyo 2.2 and it works beautifully. On two different EVOs.
Before I show you how to do it, have a look at the improvements you'll be getting from Sprint:
This update offers:
- Ability to share applications
- Display events and birthdays from Facebook on Calendar
- Use camera LED as flashlight
- New user interface for the FM radio
- Add unknown users in Facebook as friends in Friend Stream
- Photo Gallery supports Facebook comments function
- Send contact as vCard using SMS
- Addition of MMS slideshow editor
- New pre-loaded widgets including Calculator, FM radio, Message list view, Profile settings and Ringtone settings
- Camcorder can use camera flash so video can be shot at night or in low light
- Flash 10.1 support
- Numeric PIN and alpha-numeric passwords to unlock screen
- Search widget and search bar able to switch to search in different types (web, specific application, or all)
- Adjustable alarm volume
- Android Market widget allows installation of applications on SD card
So what do you have to do to install the update? (btw, I take no responsibility if you brick your phone):
The Android superphone with incredible specs also requires a super battery, which wasn't part of the package.
The Sprint EVO reviews came rolling in last night and were pretty much on par with what everyone anticipated. The phone has the best screen you can currently buy on a smartphone -- 4.3 inches of glass cover a 480x800-pixel LCD.
The data over 4G is the fastest you can get (where available) and the MORESeth Weintraub - May 20, 2010 10:35 AM ET
|Another strong quarter for Smith & Wesson|
|Don't fight it. Bitcoin has a bright future|
|Homeless college students seek shelter during breaks|
|JPMorgan patents Bitcoin-like payment system|
|GM to stop Holden production in Australia|