Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the weekend. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* Instagram reported that it now has 27 million registered users."It's Facebook-level engagement that we're seeing," co-founder Kevin Systrom said at South by Southwest over the weekend. Also, the long-awaited Android version is coming very soon. According to Systrom, it will be better in some ways than the current iPhone version. (Mashable)
* Mega investor MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Mar 12, 2012 5:30 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* Popular photo-sharing app Instagram may soon raise a new round of funding valuing the startup at up to $500 million. (The Wall Street Journal)
* A profile of Hector Xavier Monsegur, aka "Sabu." The online figure led a group of "hacktivists," and then when caught, contributed to their capture by becoming MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Mar 9, 2012 1:53 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of newsworthy tech stories from the weekend. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you every day.
* Google (GOOG) chairman Eric Schmidt told the U.S. Senate antitrust committee that the iPhone 4S's voice assistant, Siri, poses a "competitive threat" to his company's business. Confessed Schmidt: "Apple's Siri is a significant development -- a voice-activated means of accessing answers through iPhones that demonstrates the innovations in search." (Apple MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Nov 7, 2011 3:30 AM ET
The Mint.com founder now runs a big part of Intuit and invests in startups on the side. Here, his take on Jack Dorsey's Square and the one investment on which he's glad to take a pass.
If you're not one of the 5.6 million active users on Mint.com, we suggest you give it a long, hard look, because even the most business savvy can benefit from its services, whether it's saving MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Apr 1, 2011 11:12 AM ET
|GM's recalled Cobalt was a failure from the start|
|General Mills reverses course on right to sue after backlash|
|Pope Francis challenges the free market - The Buzz|
|Stocks: It's report card time on Wall Street|
|Your Internet security relies on a few volunteers|