A round-up of the companies, deals, and trends that made headlines.
Every day, the Fortune staff spends hours poring over tech stories, posts, and reviews from all over the Web to keep tabs on the companies that matter. We've assembled the day's most newsworthy bits below.
- Cisco (CSCO) exec Tony Bates will be Skype's new CEO, replacing Joshua Silverman, who had filled the position since early 2008. (Reuters)
- Yahoo (YHOO) head of Audience David Ko is leaving to lead Zynga's mobile efforts. According to sources, Zynga has been after Ko for months. (All Things D)
- Twitter has a new CEO: company COO Dick Costolo. The former Google employee and Feedburner CEO joined the social network in September of 2009 to help lead monetization efforts. The catalyst? Twitter's recent redesign. (TechCrunch)
- Amazon (AMZN) is purchasing Spanish Internet retailer BuyVip, which offers discounted overstock from luxury brands like Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton, for approximately $96.5 million. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Healthcare cloud-based app suite CareCloud, which streamlines the managing of physicians' businesses and helps them virtually work with other doctors, received $5 million during its second round of funding. (TechCrunch) More
Posted in: Barnes & Noble
, Goldman Sachs