Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* In a new report, Consumer Reports says Apple's (AAPL) new iPad can run as hot as 116 degrees while running some games -- 10 degrees warmer than its predecessor. This in turn caused somewhat of a kerfuffle in the tech blogosphere, with some outlets conducting independent tests of their own, some calling the higher operating temperature a "design flaw," and others arguing the heat issue is hugely overblown. (Consumer Reports, CNET, Gizmodo, and TechCrunch)
* HP (HPQ) is restructuring, merging its Imaging and Printing Group with its Personal Systems Group. Vyomesh "VJ" Joshi, Executive VP of the Imaging and Printing Group, will is departing, and group will report to Executive VP Todd Bradley. (All Things D)
* Beats, the headphone-maker co-founded by Dr. Dre, is reportedly close to buying the online music streaming service MOG. (All Things D)
* Google (GOOG) acquired members of Kevin Rose's mobile app startup Milk -- Rose included -- because the tech giant apparently is looking to boost design talent. (Business Insider)
* Why going public "sucks" for many tech companies. (Wired)
* The first interview with new Reddit CEO Yishan Wong (PandoDaily)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed every morning.
Fortune's curated selection of the day's most newsworthy tech stories from all over the Web. Sign up to get the newsletter delivered to you every day.
* Smartphone maker HTC is investing $300 million in Beats Electronics, the same company that releases various Beats by Dr. Dre audio products. HTC reportedly plans to incorporate the technology into future handsets. (All Things D)
* Twitter is updating the social network with two new features. Replacing the "@Mentions" MOREJP Mangalindan, Writer - Aug 11, 2011 7:00 AM ET
|Internet giant Sina caught in China porn crackdown|
|Don't assume you're safe from Heartbleed|
|Russia stocks fall as Ukraine crisis intensifies|
|Water becoming more valuable than gold|
|Will 7 Apples a day keep the bears away? - The Buzz|