Five videos: Tim Cook taps Burberry's CEO to run Apple retailOctober 15, 2013: 7:45 AM ET
Angela Ahrendts' move to Apple is big news in Britain and the fashion world.
FORTUNE -- Having apparently learned his lesson when he went down market and tapped John Browett, the head of Dixons, to run Apple's (AAPL) retail empire, Tim Cook went up market this time and replaced Browett with the CEO of a 157-year-old British luxury brand.
By the time Americans woke up to the press release announcing that Angela Ahrendts, the American-born CEO of Burberry -- and the U.K.'s richest business women -- will run Apple's retail and online stores, British television was all over the news.
Some of the coverage:
- Bloomberg TV: http://bloom.bg/166WR7R
- Wall Street Journal: http://on.wsj.com/17FGnxy
- Burberry: http://youtu.be/NNPrdIvCnJk
Below Ahrendts' 2010 commencement speech at Ball State University, her alma mater, and her 2013 TEDx Hollywood talk.
- 2012 Fortune profile: Burberry's Angela Ahrendts: High tech's fashion model
- 2010 Wall Street Journal profile: Earning Her Stripes