Survey: 15% would rather give up sex than their iPhoneJune 18, 2012: 2:15 PM ET
Findings from a poll of Gazelle customers who have traded in at least one iPhone
FORTUNE -- To mark the iPhone's fifth birthday on June 29, Gazelle -- a service that buys used Apple (AAPL) devices at steep discounts -- took a survey of more than 1,000 customers and made several disturbing discoveries. From the press release:
- Asked which device or platform they would not be able to live without, a majority (65%) chose iPhone, while only a few (1%) report not being able to do without Facebook.
- Nearly 15% of respondents said they'd rather give up sex than go for even a weekend without their iPhone. (Emphasis ours.)
- More than 25% of survey respondents report that they "almost always" use their iPhone while in a social setting such as during a meal or while at a party.
- Nearly 4% of respondents report having used their iPhone while having sex. (Emphasis ours.)
- Nearly 85% of respondents report having used their iPhone while in the bathroom.
Too much information.