Today in Tech: 850,000 Android devices activated each day nowApril 6, 2012: 11:05 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* On his first anniversary as Google CEO, Larry Page shared some new company numbers: 850,000 Android devices are activated daily, Google Chrome browser has 200 million-plus users, and Gmail has over 350 million users, with more than 5,000 new businesses and educational establishments signing up each day. (GigaOm)
* Meanwhile, in other Google (GOOG) news, the Mountain View, California-based company has reportedly pushed back the release of its first Android tablet to make some design tweaks and potentially lower the $249 price. (The Verge)
* Instagram is nearly done raising a $50 million round of funding which would value the popular photo-sharing start-up at $500 million. (All Things D)
* According to a new study, Pinterest is now the third most popular social network behind Facebook and Twitter. (Venturebeat)
* First-quarter profits for handset-maker HTC plummeted 70%. "We simply dropped the ball on products in the fourth quarter," said Chief Financial Officer Winston Yung. (Bloomberg)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed every morning.