Today in Tech: Massive Yahoo layoffs comingMarch 6, 2012: 3:30 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* According to All Things D, thousands of Yahoo (YHOO) employees will likely get laid off as CEO Scott Thompson gets ready to restructure the struggling Internet company. Divisions that may get hit include public relations and marketing, research, and local efforts. (All Things D)
* Palm Pilot inventor Jeff Hawkins, Intel co-founder Andrew Grove, and Laurene Powell Jobs, wife of Steve Jobs, are just several people in the tech community throwing their support behind undocumented students in the U.S. (The Wall Street Journal)
* Though tablets aren't outselling PCs yet, the tide is certainly shifting in favor of those lightweight slabs of plastic, glass, and metal. Here's why. (The New York Times)
* Why contributor Seth Levine, also managing director of the venture capital firm Foundry Group, is sick of "start-up BS." (Fortune)
* Should we treat drivers who text just like drunk drivers? (PandoDaily)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed every morning.