Today in Tech: Windows 8 first impressionsMarch 1, 2012: 4:30 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* First impressions of Windows 8, from that Windows Phone-inspired "Metro" user interface to integration of Xbox Live. In one word: "disjointed." (Engadget)
* Video game publisher Blizzard Entertainment is laying off 600 employees -- 90% of whom are not directly involved in game development -- as part of restructuring efforts. (The Verge)
* Facebook unveiled new features for marketers and brands, including business pages with the recently-introduced Timeline format. (The Next Web and Facebook)
* How the quiet content discovery startup StumbleUpon saved itself. (Fortune)
* Popular social magazine Flipboard rolled out a major update to the iPad app, which includes "Cover Stories," a hub that serves up several items based on a user's social connections. (Flipboard)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed every morning.