Today in Tech: The iPad 3 is coming!February 29, 2012: 3:30 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you each and every day.
* Yes, folks, the day many have been waiting for is fast approaching: Apple (AAPL) is set to unveil the iPad 3 next Wednesday, March 7. At this point, it's almost certain the newest tablet will feature a Retina-like display, one with nearly double the resolution of its predecessors, however what else the iPad 3 will be packing is anyone's guess. Fortune will be covering the event and serving up all those juicy tech specifications as they come.
* HP (HPQ) is laying off 275 employees from its webOS division. It seems the company "no longer needs many of the engineering and other related positions that it required before." (The Verge)
* Why Windows 8 may be Microsoft's most important product launch in years. (GigaOm)
* Groupon acquired the social travel research startup Uptake. (All Things D)
* Critically-acclaimed music streaming startup Mog is reportedly for sale. (CNET)
* Sony's recently-launched PlayStation Vita portable gaming system has sold more than 1.2 million units worldwide. (VentureBeat)
* Five of the biggest trends at this years Mobile World Congress include quad-core processors, bigger screens, and in some cases, cheaper smartphone prices. (InfoWorld)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed every morning.