iPhone tops BlackBerry among mobile workers in iPass surveyNovember 16, 2011: 7:10 PM ET
In a rapidly growing market, Apple's share jumped in a year from 31% to 45%
Apple (AAPL) made significant inroads in the enterprise over the past year according a survey of 2,300 mobile workers in 1,100 enterprises conducted in September and October by iPass, a California-based provider of Wi-Fi networks.
Among the findings released Wednesday:
- 95% of mobile workers surveyed now have smartphones, up from 85% in 2010
- The iPhone is now the top smartphone among mobile employees with a 45% market share, up from 31% in 2010
- Research in Motion's (RIMM) BlackBerry has only declined slightly, from 35% last year to 32% today, but its competitors have grown faster
- Google's (GOOG) Android nearly doubled market share year over year, overtaking Nokia (NOK) to take the No. 3 spot with a 21% share
- Tablet ownership has grown to 44% of mobile employees, up from 33% in Q2 of 2011
Below: What smartphones the respondents thought they'd be getting next year.
You can see the full report here.