Today in Tech: A peek at Android 4.0October 19, 2011: 10:34 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of newsworthy tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you every day.
"You don't want to build it generically and then throw it over the fence."
-- Google Mobile Chief Andy Rubin on Android (All Things D)
* An indepth look at Android 4.0, a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich, courtesy of This is my next. Among the numerous tweaks, expect a new clean, futuristic look somewhat reminiscent of Android Honeycomb, a facial recognition phone unlock feature, and a new Google + app when it arrives next month. (This is my next)
* Prescient Kleiner Perkins partner and former Morgan Stanley analyst Mary Meeker spoke at the Web 2.0 Summit yesterday on Internet trends. (TechCrunch)
* Serial entrepreneur Sean Parker thinks some of Facebook biggest power users have defected over to Twitter and Google+. (The Telegraph)
* Facebook CTO Bret Taylor on the mobile web, apps, and Apple negotiations. (The Guardian)
* Angry Birds, the gaming franchise that just keeps on giving, now reports 400 million downloads, up 50 million from just a month-and-a-half ago. (TechCrunch)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed each and every morning.