Today in Tech: Is HP's TouchPad a flop?August 17, 2011: 3:45 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of the day's most newsworthy tech stories from all over the Web. Sign up to get the newsletter delivered to you every day.
* Amazon (AMZN) signed popular self-help guru Timothy Ferriss as part of the company's new bid to publish books as well as sell them. (The New York Times)
* A peek at the book jacket for Steve Jobs' upcoming authorized biography, penned by Walter Isaacson. (Fortune)
* Taiwan smartphone-maker HTC is suing Apple (AAPL) over three patents -- one involving WiFi --and is looking to stop U.S. imports and sales of Mac computers, iPads, iPhone, and iPods over the alleged infraction. (Reuters)
* Enterprise-focused cloud storage provider Box.net has so far raised nearly $19 million out of an estimated $35 million it's looking to raise for a new round of funding. (The company secured $45 million just six months ago.) (Fortune)
* Dell (DELL) reduced sales growth expectations for the company's fiscal 2012. Instead of growth of between 5% and 9%, the company expects growth of just between 1% and 5%, citing "more uncertain demand environment." (ZDNet)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed to you each and every morning.