Today in Tech: Does Google deserve your hate?August 8, 2011: 6:30 AM ET
Fortune's curated selection of the weekend's most newsworthy tech stories from all over the Web. Sign up to get the newsletter delivered to you every day.
* In recent months, Google has come under attack for lashing out at Apple, Microsoft, and RIM, which in turn led those companies -- not to mention Silicon Valley insiders -- to criticize the Internet giant right back. Search Engine Land's Danny Sullivan penned an excellent point-by-point rebuttal to these anti-Google remarks, and regardless of which side of the fence you fall on, it's an extremely compelling argument. (Search Engine Land)
* An in-depth look at Foursquare's "shy but garrulous" co-founder and CEO Dennis Crowley. (AdAge)
* MySpace co-founder Tom Anderson on whether Google+ is putting Facebook on the defensive and how the reigning social networking champ now faces a tough road ahead,balancing what's best for the users, advertisers, small local businesses, and platform developers. (TechCrunch)
* Why Yahoo is reporting lackluster sales numbers despite bringing in a not-so-shabby 178 million visitors last June. (The New York Times)
* Popular file-syncing startup Dropbox is reportedly talking to investors about another round of funding that would push its valuation to $10 billion. (TechCrunch)
* What a Hulu sale would mean for Apple, Google or Amazon. (The Hollywood Reporter)
Don't miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed to you each and every morning.