Rumor: Verizon stockpiling iPhones for post-Christmas launchDecember 13, 2010: 11:19 AM ET
Management training was reportedly held last week with fully-functioning units
- Verizon held management training for iPhone sales last week with functioning iPhones in management hands for the training sessions
- The device has been "100% cooked for quite a while" and already shipping in bulk to Verizon warehouses
- Formal announcement is coming right after Christmas, with units available for sale immediately afterward
- The timing was AT&T's (T) final demand of Apple so as to maximize AT&T's Christmas sales
- The new iPhone is an 4G "long-term evolution" device and that fact -- the only "LTE iPhone," exclusive to Verizon -- will be the main marketing theme
- As rollout of LTE not actually widepsread, Verizon iPhone will have multi-band chip backward compatibility with regular CDMA
- Steve Jobs is said to be upset that carriers cannot seem to get their LTE act together more quickly
MacDailyNews' caveat: "The above information is from a sole source that we believe to be credible, but should be treated as rumor, since we cannot independently confirm the information at this time."
For the full report, click here.
[Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter @philiped]