11,700,000,000 song downloads and other Apple milestonesSeptember 1, 2010: 4:38 PM ET
Steve Jobs loves to rattle off nice round numbers, and he just delivered a ton of them
Here, in descending order, are the ones we heard at Apple's (AAPL) fall product review Wednesday. Assume each was preceded with a "more than" or "over" unless otherwise indicated.
- 11.7 billion songs downloaded from iTunes
- 6.5 billion apps downloaded from the App Store, 200 per second
- 1.5 billion game and entertainment downloads to the iPod touch
- 450 million TV episodes downloaded
- 275 million iPods sold
- 160 million iTunes accounts (with credit card numbers)
- 120 million iOS devices sold, 230,000 new activations per day
- 100 million movies downloaded
- 35 million books downloaded
- 12 million songs on the iTunes store
- 1 million visitors to its 300 (exactly) Apple Stores in a single day
- 250,000 apps to choose from on the App Store, 25,000 for the iPad
- 80,000 one-to-one sessions per week
What we didn't hear: Unit sales numbers for the Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac or iPhone.
Anything I missed?
Below: Jobs' 71-minute presentation boiled down to a 100-second video by my colleagues at CNN Money.
[Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter @philiped]