Sprint EVO 4G officially goes on saleJune 4, 2010: 6:54 AM ET
The nation's first 4G phone is now available via the Sprint store and its affiliates.
People probably didn't camp out overnight for them (they could have bought them from Googlers I/O attendees on eBay/Craigslist if they were desperate), but the Sprint EVO 4G from HTC is a pretty hot phone, if you can get over the battery issues.
It is now offically on sale all over, obviously including the Sprint Store with all kinds of rebates which bring it down to $199 with a two year commitment. Sprint affiliates are making it a bit easier, omitting rebates and just selling it for $199 flat.
Buyers beware: There appears to be a problem with the EVO's built in 8GB SD card which will be fixed with an OTA update according to Sprint.
Also, Qik has finally detailed its $5 streaming media services.
And in case you are wondering, the limit is five per customer. Specs and video of the commercial below.
- 4.3-inch, 800x480 TFT touchscreen (iPhone is 3.5 inch 320x480)
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Dual 3G/4G WiMAX connectivity
- MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB), USB
- Forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera
- Rear-facing 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and 720p HD video recording
- HDMI out
- FM radio
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality (for Wifi iPad +MacBooks?)
- custom web browser with Flash support
- A kickstand