Google makes Android 2.2 (Froyo) officialMay 20, 2010: 12:21 PM ET
It's official. Google just announced Android 2.2 (Froyo), the latest update to its mobile operating system. Here's a handy run-down of some of its included features:
1. Microsoft Exchange support.
2. Applications that run 2-5 times faster thanks to the new compiler.
3. Users availing of tethering and hot spot will receive one joint bill from a carrier, a dig at the iPad, whether it be intentional or not.
4. The web browser now zips 2-3 times faster, faster in fact, than the iPad's browsing experience when compared side-by-side.
5. Orientation camera and speech standards
- are now auto-updated
- can be saved on the SD Card
- issue crash reports for developers
- Android marketplace is now accessible on a browser for PC.
- Over-the-air updates
- Over-the-air music streaming
A decade of ad experience
One more thing: Everyone gets a Sprint EVO. Woot!