10 Apple vs. Google battles to watch forApril 14, 2010: 11:50 AM ET
Silicon Alley Insider peers into the future and sees nothing but conflict
But those conflicts are just a prelude to bigger brawls to come, says Silicon Alley Insider's Jay Yarow. In a slideshow posted Wednesday, he ticks off what he sees as the next 10 battle zones as each company tries to move into the other's business. In his words:
- Google's building an iPad-killer
- Google's Chrome OS will be aimed squarely at the operating system market
- Walt Mossberg will eventually declare an Android phone better than the iPhone (right?)
- Apple will boot Google Maps
- Apple may also boot Google Search from the iPhone and replace it with Bing
- Apple could build its own search engine, providing its biggest threat to Google
- Apple and Google will start stealing important employees from each other
- Apple and Google will battle over the TV set
- YouTube's rental service will go live and attempt to crush iTunes
- There will be a brutal M&A battle, but we don't know what it's going to be...
Click here to read the details.
[Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter @philiped]